Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation Review

Wet n Wild Coverall Cream promises all day wear, medium-to-full coverage, light weight satin-matte finish and claims to reduce the appearance of wrinkles with their trademarked VisiBright complex.

Does it live up to its claims?

I purchased this product in shade 815 Fair with my own money for the purpose of this review.

The shade I chose is a pretty good match for my face skin and an excellent match for the skin on my hand as you will see in the swatch photo. It's definitely quite pale when blended out, more so than it looks in the tube.

click to enlarge
Now I'm going to break down the claims...

Does it have all day wear?
Kind of. I get about 6-8 hours of wear before it starts to break up and slide around. To me, "all day wear" would be around 12-16 hours.

Does it have medium-to-full coverage?
Again, kind of. It starts out with a light-medium coverage from a single layer. I was only able to build it up to a solid medium and not a full coverage. I was not able to cover my rosacea but I was able to hide acne scars.

How about that light weight satin-matte finish?
This part I agree with. It is comfortable to wear and not at all heavy feeling. The finish is very natural looking, not too matte and not dewy.

And the wrinkle stuff?
I can't comment on this because I don't have wrinkles.

I don't find the formula to be particularly drying or moisturizing. It holds up fairly well to my oily face but didn't work as well on my dry-to-normal cheeks (it will accentuate dry patches). I found it did settle into pores a little bit with out primer. Also I did not need to set it with powder.

The thicker formula reminds me of a Korean BB Cream and it blends very easily like one. It's super easy to work with and applies best with fingers or a foundation sponge.

Over all I think this is a great drugstore foundation, but I don't like it enough to trade my Korean BB Creams for it. I like to use this product on my T-zone when I'm off running quick errands or need something that won't turn me ghostly white in photos.

3 comments:

  1. Good review, very honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I had heard a lot of great things about this particular foundation. It sounds like it is at least a good deal for the price of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.Tyvek Coverall

    ReplyDelete