Saturday, July 14, 2012

Smelly Smells I Love to Smell!

I hate reading about perfume and scented things in general because they are so subjective but here I am blogging about perfume. I am only doing this because I friggin love this perfume and feel like I need to share how awesome it is.

I love Absinthe scented things, not sure why because Absinthe tastes like rancid Nyquil and burns the whole way down but any way... Absinthe, anise, wormwood, fennel, etc, etc, etc. It's dark and liquoricey, maybe a bit minty and woody.

My absolute all time favorite perfume is Dessert Absinthe from The Morbid The Merrier, but due to some unfortunate circumstances I can never obtain this magical fragrance again. I went in search of a replacement a little while ago because my bottle was growing emptier by the day and came across Midnight Gypsy on Etsy. After reading the description for Absinthe Sucre I knew right away that I would love it. It's not Dessert Absinthe at all but it's equally lovely in its own way.

Absinthe Sucre is heavier and spicier. It's Absinthe in all its liquoriceness with caramel and tobacco. Absinthe Sucre is a dark parlor in a Victorian mansion, where a crazy old widow sits and waits for someone that will never show while spiders spin webs above her head. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment