Thursday, June 14, 2012

EOTD- blak n blu







I started this look with a base of Too Faced Shadow Insurance then a coat of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk in the shape that I wanted to do.

I used Wet n Wild coloricon shadow in Panther (it's a matte black) to start the winged liner.

Above it I applied Hi Fi Cosmetics Super Sonic Overdrive (a bright blue that is slightly metallic when foiled).

At the outer V around the black I applied Sugarpill Afterparty (bright medium blue with low shimmer).

Above Super Sonic Overdrive I applied Meow Cosmetics Telepathy (super shimmery blue/green shift highlight).

Over the black shadow I applied Jordana Semi-Permanent Liquid Liner, and here's where it got ugly. I can not handle liquid liner. I don't know why this is but if I try to use it I will, no matter what, make a Huge. Ugly. Mess... and sure enough I did.

Any way, I continued with the look by foiling the blue shadows using Medusa's Makeup sealant. I then foiled Super Sonic Overdrive over the Jordana liner. Then I foiled Fyrinnae La Noche (metallic navy blue) over the Jordana liner and this pretty much evened it out to a point where it looked presentable.

Finished it up with a black liner on the water line and my newest love, Revlon Photoready 3D volume mascara. The formula isn't anything revolutionary, it's the brush. It has bristles on the tip of the wand! This makes it sooooooo easy to get the little lashes in the corner and to apply extra mascara at the base of the lashes for increased volume.

1 comment: