To preface, my hair is really dry. I dye it with Manic Panic, a semi permanent veggie dye. I typically only wash my hair once a week and don't use any products except hair oils.
For the purpose of reviewing this product I used hair spray, volumizing powder and curl spray.
- This product does an excellent job removing build up from the styling products I used
- It makes my scalp and hair feel fresh and clean
- It detangles well
- My hair feels soft
- Smells amazing
- Vegan and cruelty free
- It removed more hair dye than I would've liked (I did expect dye to be removed as MP is a veggie dye and just sits on top of the hair)
- My scalp got very dry with frequent use
- The bottle is small so it's not a great bargain (unless you compare to Wen)
I do like the L'oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner and will continue to use it, but only every couple weeks or when I use styling products because of the dryness it caused. After using it for the 3rd time I noticed my scalp was feeling tight and itchy so I had to cut back a bit. I think for someone with normal or even oily hair this would work really well. It would probably also work well for people with hair that has been dyed using permanent dyes.