Friday, December 7, 2012

NOTD- Blue Blood + Pure Ice French Twist Review

Pure Ice French Twist is a beautiful blue glitter in a black jelly base. It's a blue version of Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance/ Revlon Scandalous (previously Facets of Fuchsia).



re: tip wear... this was a combination of Sally Hansen Mega Shine and 2 days of wear
I love the way this polish looks, it's breathtaking in the bottle when it catches the light.

However, this was a HOT ASS MESS to apply! This polish was goopy and streaky and as you can see by my cuticle line it's impossible to apply evenly. It also took 3 THICK coats of top coat to keep the glitter pieces from being ripped off. For contrast, Revlon Scandalous can go with out top coat but is best with one coat. Like other Pure Ice polishes it dries pretty fast with thin coats.

This color is very pretty but I think I shall remove it because the awful application is bugging me. I might try this one again over a black polish and keep it a distance from the cuticle and sides.

 -

I believe French Twist could be part of the Pure Ice Holiday Collection, as that Is where I found it at my local Walmart.  My Walmart's beauty section is a giant dirty clusterfuck and is notoriously unreliable when it comes to releasing new collections properly. Some googling shows that this polish is likely limited edition and might be part of the Party Glam Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment